10. Listicles destroy the narrative imagination and subtract the sublimity from your gaze.
9. The numerosities of nature never equal the numerosity of human fingers.
8. The spherical universe becomes pretzel sticks upon a brief conveyor.
7. In every listicle, opinion subverts fact, riding upon it as upon a sad pony. (Since you momentarily accept everything you hear, you already know this.)
6. The human mind naturally aspires to unifying harmonies that the listicle instead squirts into yogurt cups.
4. In their eagerness to consume the whole load, everyone skips numbers 4 and 3, thereby paradoxically failing to consume the whole load. This little-known fact might surprise you!
3. Why bother, really. La la.
2. Near the end of eating a listicle you begin to realize, once again, that if you were going to be doing something this pointless, you might as well have begun filing that report. Plus, whatever became of that guy you knew in college? Is this really your life? Existential despair squats atop your screen, a fat brown google-eyed demon.
1. Your melancholy climax is already completed. The #1 thing is never the #1 thing. Your hope that this listicle would defy that inevitable law was only absurd, forlorn, Kierkegaardian faith.